How do I fix Noindex?
If you don’t want Google to index your page, you should remove the URL from your sitemap. Google will notice the changes when it visits your site again. If you don’t want to wait until Google’s next visit, you can also resubmit the edited sitemap in the Sitemaps report of Google Search Console.
How do I remove the default meta description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
How do I remove tags from index pages?
Go to Site Dashboard > Google Index > Remove URL’s
Now, usually our tags and categories pages are seen as a directory from a search engine’s point of view. For example: domain.com/tag/SEO. doamin.com/tag/WordPress.
How do I remove robots txt from WordPress?
You need to remove both lines from your robots. txt file. The robots file is located in the root directory of your web hosting folder, this normally can be found in /public_html/ and you should be able to edit or delete this file using: FTP using a FTP client such as FileZilla or WinSCP.
How do you inspect a URL?
See the current index status of a URL
- Open the URL Inspection tool.
- Enter the complete URL to inspect. A few notes: The URL must be in the current property. …
- Read how to understand the results.
- Optionally run an indexability test on the live URL.
- Optionally request indexing for the URL.
How do I fix Noindex detected in robots meta tag?
If Google is still tossing out a noindex error we suggest the following actions:
- Clear all your caching from your theme, plugin, server, CDN like CloudFlare or browser. …
- Delete your sitemap in Google. …
- Submit the sitemaps again. …
- Monitor the results to see if the noindex error resolves.
Where do I write meta description?
The meta description is the short paragraph of text placed in the HTML of a webpage that describes its content. The meta description will then appear under your page’s URL in the search results. This is also known as a snippet.
What is meta tag in WordPress?
A meta tag is a snippet of HTML code that describes the content of a website or a specific web page. These bits of data tell search engines what the page is about, and provide the content that will be displayed in search engine results.
What is meta description in WordPress?
Why Add Keywords and Meta Descriptions in WordPress? … A meta description is a brief description of what your page or post is about. It’s your meta title, description, and keywords that shows up in Google search results: Meta keywords and meta description are HTML meta tags. They form part of your website’s header code.
Should I Noindex category pages?
Should you noindex tags and categories on food blogs? “No, don’t noindex those pages. Category and tag pages are very important pages that you want crawled a lot. As soon as you start noindexing them, Google will crawl them less and less.
Are more pages better for SEO?
“The more indexed pages you have, the better SEO you’ll have on your website.”
How do I add no index tags in WordPress?
Below your post, in the Yoast SEO meta box, just click on the Advanced tab:
- The Advanced tab in the Yoast SEO meta box harbours the indexing options.
- Select No from the dropdown menu to noindex this post.
- Simply answer No if you don’t want Google to follow links on this page.
22 июн. 2020 г.
Where is my robots txt file in WordPress?
txt file directly from your WordPress admin area. Simply go to SEO » Tools page in your WordPress admin and click on the File Editor link. On the next page, Yoast SEO page will show your existing robots. txt file.
Where do I put robots txt in WordPress?
Create or edit robots. txt in the WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. …
- Click on ‘Tools’. …
- Click on ‘File Editor’. …
- Make the changes to your file.
- Save your changes.
Where is robots txt located in WordPress?
Robots. txt usually resides in your site’s root folder. You will need to connect to your site using an FTP client or by using your cPanel’s file manager to view it. It’s just an ordinary text file that you can then open with Notepad.