How do I link my portfolio in WordPress?
To do this, you’ll go to Appearance > Menus. You will add a Custom Link, with the URL being /portfolio and the link text can be whatever you want, then click Add to Menu. Once you’ve added the item to your menu, you can drag and drop it wherever you want it to appear, and then click Save Menu.
How do I change the permalink of a portfolio in WordPress?
How to change the URL for portfolio pages
- go to Appearance -> Customize -> Theme Options -> Portfolio.
- change the Portfolio slug option to your liking.
- save the customizer settings.
- go to Settings -> Permalinks and re-save the settings (for the new portfolio slug to take effect)
How do I link a page to my WordPress template?
To add a WordPress page template to a page, edit or add a new page from the Pages menu located in the WordPress Dashboard. 2. Find the Page Attributes section. In this section, you’ll see a drop-down list for available page templates.
How do I make a portfolio my homepage in WordPress?
Go to Settings → Reading and set “Front page displays” to “A static page.” Select your portfolio page as the “Front page,” and then choose another page as the “Posts page,” (to display your blog posts). By default, page title and content will appear.
What is a portfolio page in WordPress?
If you’re hoping to use your WordPress.com site to show off your portfolio separate from your blog posts and pages, the Portfolio content type will let you manage all your portfolio projects in one place. It also gives you a number of different ways to display them on your site.
What is the difference between a gallery and a portfolio in WordPress?
Portfolios can be collection of anything like Projects, Case Studies, Movies, Books, Recipes etc which can have titles, categories & other attributes and can have individual pages for each item. Galleries on the other hand is just a single collection of IMAGES.
How do I change portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Choose Categories out of a dropdown menu list.
- Fill in all necessary fields like category name and slug.
- Press Add New Category option and a new category will appear in the list on the right:
How do I change the URL of a category in WordPress?
To change your bases of tags and categories, go to your admin dashboard, and then go to Settings > Permalinks:
- Under the Optional section, change the existing bases by the ones you want and click Save Changes. …
- When you add a new category, enter a specific slug that defines your category.
2 окт. 2020 г.
How do I change the name of my WordPress portfolio?
Rename Portfolio prefix
- Theme Options > Portfolio Settings > Portfolio Page.
- On URL Rewrite Options section go to Custom portfolio item URL prefix area and write projects.
- Click Save All Changes.
5 янв. 2021 г.
What is the default page template for WordPress?
php is a default template used in most WordPress themes. It defines the header area of web pages generated by WordPress. The header file will typically be loaded on every page of your WordPress site, allowing changes to be made to a single file, that will apply across the entire website.
How do I find a page template in WordPress?
Now if you go to the Pages section in your dashboard, you you will see a new column “Page Template” added to the list of pages. By using this plugin you can see which template each of your pages are using.
How do I save a page as a template in WordPress?
Create and save a custom layout template
- In the WordPress admin panel, go to Beaver Builder > Templates. …
- Click the Add new button next to the page title Templates.
- Enter a title for the template and click Add saved template.
- Click Launch Beaver Builder and construct the layout.
- To save the layout template, click Done > Publish.
4 дня назад
How do I create a portfolio page?
Creating a Portfolio Website: tips on how to do it right
- Your Best Work Comes First. …
- Create a Portfolio that is Easy to Navigate. …
- Make Your Own Website. …
- You Need a Domain Name. …
- Search Engine Optimization. …
- Have Vision and Mission. …
- Choose Projects with Best Results. …
- Tell the Story – Provide Context.
What is a portfolio page?
A portfolio site is an extension of a freelancer’s (or company’s) résumé. It provides a convenient way for potential clients to view your work while also allowing you to expand on your skills and services. … You should decide what you want to accomplish with your website before adding content to it.
How do I show portfolio categories in WordPress?
Displaying Portfolios in the menu by Project Category with SpicePress
- In the WP Admin Panel, head to Appearance => Menu.
- Click on the Screen Options tab to visualize the Portfolio category check box.
- Activate the Project category check box by clicking on the box.