Go to your menu under Appearance > Menu. Go to the Custom Link option and add an option with the display title and something in the URL field (I usually add a # symbol) Remember you can’t add a menu item with no link in the URL to the menu in WordPress. Then, just delete the symbol in the URL field.
How do I make a WordPress menu item not clickable?
Log into your WordPress admin panel and go to the menu Appearance-> Menus. Remove the parent menu item that you want to make non-clickable. In the “Custom Links” add an new external menu with the same name and put # into the URL field. Click “Add to Menu” and set the menu to your mages with level parent.
How do I make a dropdown not clickable?
Add it to your menu, drag the sections under it in the menu editor, then edit the ‘Portfolio’ custom menu link, empty out the URL field and then save the menu. It should disable it from linking to anything but still allow for the submenus to drop down and be clickable.
How do I disable menu items in WordPress?
Go to Appearance, then click on menus. In this section go under menu structure and click on the arrow down to expand the page and you’ll see a box that says disable link. Check that box and save.
How do I change the menu URL in WordPress?
Click on ‘Custom links’: At ‘URL’ you add the web address and at ‘Link text’ you enter the name you want on the menu button. Then you click on ‘Add to menu’. Now you can drag the item to the desired place on the right.
How do I create a drop down menu in WordPress?
How to create a WordPress dropdown menu with core functionality
- Step 1: Create a menu (if needed) If you don’t already have a menu, enter a name in the Menu Name box and then click the Create Menu button. …
- Step 2: Add links to menu. …
- Step 3: Arrange menu items using drag and drop. …
- Step 4: Choose menu location.
2 июн. 2020 г.
How do I make a WordPress image not clickable?
First, you will just need to select the image by clicking on it. Then, you will see the pencil “Edit” icon appear. Click the pencil icon to edit the image. Under Display Settings set Link to “None”.
How do I make a parent menu clickable in WordPress?
3 Answers. Note: $att[‘href’] is enabled now, the the $atts[‘data-toggle’] is disabled which makes the parent link clickable. Now open up your style. css and add this piece of code to activate the hover function for your WordPress menu with dropdown and clickable parent.
How do you make a dropdown not editable in HTML?
According to HTML specs, the select tag in HTML doesn’t have a readonly attribute, only a disabled attribute. So if you want to keep the user from changing the dropdown, you have to use disabled .
How do I get rid of the parent menu link in WordPress?
Disabling the Link Attribute to a Top Level Menu Item.
- Click on the Menus option.
- Select the menu you want to work with.
- Click on the Add Items button.
- Click on the Custom Link option. …
- Next, click on Add to Menu.
- Now, drag the items you want in the sub menu under the new custom link item.
28 окт. 2020 г.
How do I get rid of links on WordPress?
Locate the page you want to remove in the menu. Click on the triangle to the right of the page name. Click the “Remove” link at the bottom left of the box that opens below the page title bar.
How do I disable a link in WordPress?
To do this, in your WordPress dashboard go to Appearance -> Editor and that should open up your style. css file. Then in your browser, open up your website, right click on the link you want to disable and choose “Inspect Element” or something similar depending on your browser.
How do I turn off menu?
If you want to change the Options Menu any time after it’s first created, you must override the onPrepareOptionsMenu() method. This passes you the Menu object as it currently exists. This is useful if you’d like to remove, add, disable, or enable menu items depending on the current state of your application.
How do I create a menu URL?
Creating a menu link to an external URL
- Click on ‘Structure’ in the admin toolbar.
- Click on the ‘Menus’ link.
- Click the ‘add link’ link for the menu you’d like to add a link to (main menu or footer menu).
- Enter the text for the link in the ‘Menu Link Title’ field.
- Enter the external URL you wish to link to in the ‘Path’ field.
8 окт. 2019 г.
How do I customize a menu in WordPress?
To customize the default menu of your website, you have to enter the WordPress dashboard, click on Appearance and then on Menus. The first thing you need to do is to give the menu a name, and then click the Create Menu button. After creating it, you may start adding your menu items.
How do I link a page to a menu in WordPress?
- Log in to your WordPress blog and select “Dashboard” from the menu labeled with your blog’s name that appears in the gray bar across the top of the screen.
- Select “Menus” from the Appearance menu in the left sidebar of the Dashboard.
- Click the check box next to the page (or pages) you want to add in the “Pages” box.