You can try making it private. No one will have access to it unless you specifically invite other users. To do that, go to General Settings tab of your website and in the Site Visibility section, choose it to be private.
How do I take my WordPress site offline for maintenance?
- Upload the entire site-offline folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Site Offline menu to customize this plugin.
- Finally Enjoy it.
How do I unpublish my WordPress site temporarily?
How to Unpublish Entire WordPress Site
- Head to the Password Protect WordPress icon on your navigation menu.
- Go to the Entire Site tab.
- Enable the Password Protect Entire Site option.
- Enter your password.
- Save your changes.
9 мар. 2020 г.
How do I make my WordPress site invisible?
Private WordPress Site
- Click on Plugins, then go to Add New. Find the My Private Site plugin, install and activate it.
- Go to Settings -> Private Site.
- Tick the Private Site option under the Make Private Site section.
- Press Save Changes and you’re done!
13 авг. 2019 г.
How can I take a website offline?
Click on the Settings button from the left hand tool bar. This will open the Site Settings panel. Click on Site URL, then click the unpublish button. This will take your site offline while you make changes.
What is WordPress maintenance mode?
WordPress maintenance mode is a status you apply to inform visitors about maintenance on your website. It’s a page or a message that substitutes your actual website. On this page, you can add the estimation when the website is going to be live again.
Can I unpublish my WordPress site?
If your website is hosted on wordpress.com the first step is to login and go to My Sites, and select the site that you’re working with. In the sidebar go to Manage > Settings then scroll down to Privacy. … So as you can see, unpublishing your WordPress website is easy if you’re working on wordpress.com.
Can I make my website private?
Click “Privacy” under the Settings tab on the left side of the dashboard. Check the option “I would like my blog to be private, visible only to users I choose,” and click “Save Changes.” Click “Publish” to publish your website.
What is private visibility in WordPress?
Private – The post will be visible only to blog Editors and Administrators. Private posts are not visible in the Reader, feeds, or in any search. It is also not sent via email to your followers. Password Protected – The post will be protected with a password you choose.
Can you unpublish a website?
After you unpublish your site, it will no longer be accessible to site visitors. You can publish your site again at any time, however, if your site was unpublished for more than a few days, your SEO ranking may not be the same.
Can you temporarily disable a website?
Customers occasionally ask how they can temporarily disable their website, for legal or other reasons. If you want all visitors to your site to be temporarily redirected to a different site, you don’t need to modify your site; you can simply add a redirect.
How do I temporarily disable a website?
Enabling the maintenance mode
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak. …
- go to Web Hosting.
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned.
- on the left side panel, click on My Sites, then on the Page Editor.
- select the site concerned.
- click on the “+ Maintenance Page” rectangle.