How do I organize my WordPress blog posts?
After activating it click into “Post Types Order” under settings and you can enable the types of posts you want the reorder interface to show up on. Then under that post type you will see a new menu called “Re-order.” You can then drag and drop the posts within according to the order you want them to appear in.
How do you assign a blog post to a category?
On the Add New/Edit Post screen, look for the Categories panel (at right). If the panel is collapsed, click the Arrow to expand the box. In the Categories panel, check the category name(s) to assign the post to. To create a new category, click + Add New Category at the bottom of the box.
How do I organize my blog categories?
How to Organize Your Blog Posts With Categories and Tags
- Organize your blog content with categories and tags for a better user experience Tweet.
- Use both categories and tags to create a great system for organizing your blog posts Tweet.
- Once you’ve created an organized system of categories and tags, make sure to use them! Tweet.
13 февр. 2017 г.
How do I organize categories in WordPress?
WordPress – Arrange Categories
- Step (1) − Click on Posts → Category Order in WordPress. …
- Step (2) − In the following screen, you can see that the create categories section are not in order.
- Step (3) − Now, you can rearrange your categories by just dragging the categories as per your choice.
How do I categorize posts in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
Can you pin a post on WordPress?
WordPress Sticky Posts Feature
This includes posts displayed on your main homepage. To pin a post, navigate to the edit screen of the post and check the box next to ‘Stick to the top of the blog’ located under ‘Document’ on the right-hand side. Make sure you click ‘Update’ to save the edit.
Which type of categories can be added for blog posts?
For example, you might choose writing, content marketing, news, and social media as your main categories. What are “sub” topics that deserve their own category? These are the blog posts that you write about often, though not as much as the three you created in step 1.
What is a category on WordPress?
What are categories in WordPress? In short, categories are the most general method of grouping content on a WordPress site. A category symbolizes a topic or a group of topics that are connected to one another in some way. Sometimes, a post can belong to many categories at the same time.
How do I organize my blog posts on Wix?
Wix Blog: Changing the Order of Blog Posts
- Click to edit a blog post or create a new one.
- Click the Settings icon on the left side panel.
- Click the Publish Date box.
- Click the date and click to select a new date from the calendar.
- Click Save & Publish.
How do I organize my blog posts?
A designated planning space to organize blog ideas and resources
- 1 – Avatar Card. Bloggers know how important it is to reach his or her avatar, or the person they are writing to. …
- 2 – Quarterly Folders. …
- 3 – Daily Folders. …
- 4 – My “why” card. …
- 5 – Editorial calendar. …
- 6 – Blog post publishing checklist- …
- 7 – To Do. …
- 8 – Coasters.
2 февр. 2018 г.
Which type of blog is most popular?
Revealed: Which are the Most Popular Types of Blogs?
- Fashion Blogs. Fashion blogs are one of the most popular types of blogs on the internet. …
- Food Blogs. Food blogs are another popular blog type. …
- Travel Blogs. Travel blogs are becoming more popular each day. …
- Music Blogs. …
- Lifestyle Blogs. …
- Fitness Blogs. …
- DIY Blogs. …
- Sports Blogs.
2 янв. 2020 г.
How many categories should a blog have?
There’s no specific number of categories that you should have. In most cases, you’ll want somewhere between 5 and 10 in order to properly categorize your posts and make your site easy to browse. Categories are meant to encompass a large group of posts.
How do I change the order of categories in WordPress?
Using a Plugin to Change Category Order
Basically, after it is installed, you navigate to the WordPress backend–> Post section –> Taxonomy Order. You will be able to drag and drop the listed categories in the order you desire.
How do I list categories in WordPress?
Adding a Child Category (Sub Category) in WordPress
When you’re editing a post, open up the Categories tab and type in the name for your child category. Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories.
How do I get all the categories in WordPress?
$args = array( ‘style’ => ‘none’ ); Finally, you can ask WordPress to display a link to all your categories thanks to the option show_option_all . You give a string to this option, and WordPress will display a new link, pointing to all of your categories.