From the dashboard, head to Pages » All Pages. Click Edit on the page content you want to hide. In the top left corner, under the Status and Visibility option-click the Public link. From there, select the Password Protected option to protect your page and enter a password.
How do I password protect a Web page?
How to password protect a website folder using . htaccess
- Create a file using a text editor such as Notepad or TextEdit.
- Save the file as: .htpasswd.
- Copy and paste the username/password string generated using our tool into the document.
- Upload the . htpasswd file to your website using FTP.
How do I password protect a category in WordPress?
- To create password protected categories for any type of WordPress content, go to the Categories screen for the relevant post type (e.g. Posts → Categories). …
- In the ‘Visibility’ section above the ‘Add New Category’ button, select ‘Password protected’ and enter the password.
How do I create a password protected website for free?
5 Free Tools to Password-Protect Your Website
- Bravenet Password Protect.
- PoppyDog Passsword Protector.
- Zubrag Wegpage Password Protect.
How do I generate Htpasswd?
Creating the . htpasswd file
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Create an .htpasswd file in the directory you wish to password protect using the the htpasswd utility. …
- Enter the password for the user. …
- Run it again (without the -c option) for any other users you wish to allow access to your directory.
3 февр. 2021 г.
How do I create a front end login page in WordPress?
Adding Frontend Login Form in WordPress Sidebar Widget
You can add this widget to a sidebar and allow users to login from anywhere on your site. Simply go to Appearance » Widgets and add Theme My Login widget to a sidebar. That’s all, we hope this article helped you add front-end login page and widget in WordPress.
How do I create a login and register page in WordPress?
You custom login form is ready to be added into your WordPress site. You can add your custom login form to a page by creating a new page and then clicking on the Add Form button. You can also add your custom login form to a sidebar. Simply head over to Appearance » Widgets page and add WPForms widget to a sidebar.
How do I make a front end page in WordPress?
By default, visitors are redirected to the admin area of WordPress to log in. However, this can all be avoided by creating a front-end login page section for visitors. By doing this, you can add a “Register Now” or “Create New Account” option to help new visitors sign up.
How do I password protect my blog?
- Create or edit the page/post you want to password protect.
- On the right side of the page above the Publish/Update button, you’ll see Visibility, which by default will be set to Public. Click Edit.
- You can then select the Password Protected option.
4 сент. 2015 г.
How do you use Passster?
Passster is simple to install:
- Download the . zip’
- Upload the directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins’ directory.
- Go to the plugin management page and enable the Passster Plugin.
- Browse to Settings > Passster.
- Customise your settings and your good to go!
How do I password protect a WordPress blog?
To password protect a WordPress post or page, all you need to do is go to Visibility in the WordPress Editor and click the Edit button:
- Then, just select the Password protected radio button and enter your desired password. …
- Once you Publish or Update your post, your post is now password protected.
21 апр. 2017 г.
Is there a way to password protect a Google site?
You can use Google Apps to Password protect portion’s of your class or school website. This technique will work with websites created as Google Sites, WordPress, Be_Green (MUHS) or iWeb.
How can I create a website free of cost?
How To Create A Website Free Of Cost?
- Best Overall: Wix. The easiest tool to create a stunning site as quickly as possible, and a site that is fast loading and optimized for search engines, but on free plans ads are displayed.
- Runner-Up: Site123. …
- Best Value: Google My Business. …
- Best Paid Option: Squarespace.
2 янв. 2021 г.
Can you get WordPress for free?
WordPress.com is free to get started, but offers premium services for prices starting at $36/year. However, there are a number of constraints which I outline below.