Go to the Appearance > Menu page in your dashboard: Click the “Categories” tab on the left side: You can now select any post categories to add to your menu: Please note that a category will only show in this list if there is at least one blog post published in that category.
How do I put a post under a menu in WordPress?
If so, open up My Site > Customize > Menus. Use the Add Items button to add the post you want, then drag it up and down the menu to put it in the spot you’d like. For a submenu, drag it a little bit to the right, so it’s indented. Then Save & Publish when it looks right in the preview!
How do I post under a category in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I create a dropdown menu bar in WordPress?
How to create a WordPress dropdown menu with core functionality
- Step 1: Create a menu (if needed) If you don’t already have a menu, enter a name in the Menu Name box and then click the Create Menu button. …
- Step 2: Add links to menu. …
- Step 3: Arrange menu items using drag and drop. …
- Step 4: Choose menu location.
31 янв. 2021 г.
How do I show posts on a specific page in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
27 янв. 2020 г.
How do I edit categories in WordPress?
Edit WordPress Category
From the admin panel, go to Posts and Categories. Hover on the categories which you want to edit. An edit option will appear there, click on it and edit the category. You can edit the name, slug, description, managing parent categories there.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
What is the difference between categories and tags in WordPress?
Categories and tags are the two primary ways to group content on a WordPress site. In simple terms, categories are general labels, while tags are more specific (describe your posts in more detail).
What is a post in WordPress?
What are Posts in WordPress? Posts are blog content listed in a reverse chronological order (newest content on top). You will see posts listed on your blog page. If you are using WordPress as a blog, then you will end up using posts for the majority of your website’s content.
How do I create a menu in WordPress?
To setup a menu,
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Menus.
- Click the “Add a Menu” button & Write a menu name on the field, it can be anything you like.
- Now Click the “Create Menu” button.
- Click the “Add Items” button to add menu items to your menu.
How do I create a multi level menu in WordPress?
In WordPress you are able to create a multilevel / hierarchical menu via WordPress Menu System ( WordPress admin -> Appearance -> Menu ) as well as via Theme Customizer ( WordPress admin -> Appearance -> Customize ).
How do I add a menu item in WordPress?
To add one of these menu items:
- Click the + Add Items button.
- Choose a menu item type from the list. For example Pages.
- Select one of the options displayed for that type. …
- Add more items to your Custom Menu by clicking the plus next to each item.
- Click Save Changes to save your changes.
Can you have more than one posts page in WordPress?
You can create a static front page, and then a separate page for all your published posts. You can do that and the first step is to create two pages and then designate them appropriately. (1) All posts on the front page which is also called the home page and is the URL of the site by default.
How do I make a post list in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress admin panel. In the left column navigation mouse over the “Plugins” link and click the “Add New” link. In the “Search plugins…” box, enter “Display Posts.” Once you have located the plugin, click the “Install Now” button.