In order to search only posts in WordPress, we will need to add a PHP filter to the WordPress functions file. Open your functions. php file then copy and paste the code below. Your WordPress site will now only return posts in the search results.
How do I find a specific post on WordPress?
More videos on YouTube
- Method 1. Use WordPress’s Latest Posts Gutenberg Block.
- Method 2. Use the WordPress Recent Posts Widget.
- Method 3. Use the Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails Plugin.
- Method 4. Display Recent Posts Using a Shortcode.
- Method 5. Display Recent Posts Manually in WordPress.
23 апр. 2020 г.
How do I show only the post title in WordPress?
Follow the steps below:
- In the WordPress Dashboard visit ‘Settings’ -> ‘Reading’
- Look for the first section titled ‘Front page displays’
- Check the option that says ‘A static page’
- Select whatever page you want to display as your ‘Front page’
- Select the page we created in Step 1 as your ‘Posts page’
10 мар. 2017 г.
How do I exclude pages from search results in WordPress?
On the edit screen, you will see a search exclude box. Simply check ‘Exclude from Search Results’ checkbox and don’t forget to save your post/page. This particular post/page will not appear in WordPress search results anymore.
How do I separate posts in WordPress?
2 Ways of Creating Separate Blog Pages in WordPress
- Creating a Blog Page. First, go to the Pages > Add new, after that fill the title input field, I suppose it will be «Blog», and save the page.
- Customizing Locations for Homepage and Blog Posts. Go to the Settings > Reading and set up a static page as the homepage and our blog page as a posts page.
- Add a Menu Item.
How do I show posts in WordPress?
- Make sure WP Show Posts is activated.
- Navigate to “WP Show Posts > Add New” and configure your list.
- Copy the shortcode provided for you when adding your new list.
- Add your shortcode to your desired page or post.
How do I get all post categories in WordPress?
Now, if you want to display all your posts from a specific category on a separate page, WordPress already takes care of this for you. To find the category page, you simply need to go to Posts » Categories » View page and click on the ‘View’ link below a category.
How do I find the title of a WordPress blog?
You can use the function get_the_title() to get the title of a page as a variable just by providing the ID. If you don’t provide an ID, then the function will try to fetch the ID for the current page.
How do I change the title of my WordPress blog?
In this case you should do the following:
- Go to Pages ->All Pages tab:
- Open the Blog page by clicking on its title.
- On the appeared screen change the title in the title field to any desired one. Click “Update” button at the right hand side:
- Open your Blog page and refresh it, the title should be changed now.
How do I customize search results in WordPress?
Ans easy way to add a search box is with the free Add Search to Menu plugin – just install and use the plugin settings to customize your search form and results. You can also add a search box directly to any page (via your child theme, as mentioned above) by using the core WordPress function “get_search_form();”.
How do I exclude search results?
You can exclude words from your search by using the – operator; any word in your query preceded by the – sign is automatically excluded from the search results. Remember to always include a space before the – sign, and none after.
Can you have more than one posts page in WordPress?
You can create a static front page, and then a separate page for all your published posts. You can do that and the first step is to create two pages and then designate them appropriately. (1) All posts on the front page which is also called the home page and is the URL of the site by default.
What is a posts page in WordPress?
Posts are entries listed in reverse chronological order on your site. Think of them as articles or updates that you share to offer up new content to your readers. You can display them on your website in different ways, such as by using the Blog Posts block or by setting a posts page at Customize → Homepage Settings.
What is the difference between page and post in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.