To get the current user role in WordPress you need first to check if the user is logged in then use the wp_get_current_user() function to retrieve the data about the roles.
How do I find user roles?
You can’t get user role directly. First, you have to get the user_meta_data, and it will return an Object that will contain user roles. Code: $user_meta=get_userdata($user_id); $user_roles=$user_meta->roles; //array of roles the user is part of.
How do I manage user roles in WordPress?
5 WordPress Plugins to Manage User Roles
- Members. Members is far more than just a simple user role editor. …
- Remove Dashboard Access. Remove Dashboard Access is a plugin that allows you to remove access for certain user roles to the entire dashboard and everything in it. …
- WPFront User Role Editor. …
- User Role Editor. …
- Advanced Access Manager.
7 авг. 2014 г.
How do I edit WordPress roles?
How to Edit an Existing User Role in WordPress
- In the left panel, select Users > User Role Editor. …
- Select the user role you want to modify from the top dropdown menu. …
- Select/deselect the capabilities you want to add to/remove from the role.
- Click Update, then Yes in the Confirm window.
23 июн. 2020 г.
How do I get all user roles in WordPress?
WordPress makes it easy to get the current user’s role(s) by using wp_get_current_user() .
What are the roles in WordPress?
WordPress has six pre-defined roles: Super Admin, Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor and Subscriber. Each role is allowed to perform a set of tasks called Capabilities.
How do I find my current user ID?
Get Current User ID (and username, email etc)
The best way to get a currently logged in user ID is using get_current_user_id() function.
How do I change user roles in WordPress database?
If you wish to change the role of the existing user, go back to the All Users list, check the user in question and set the new role via the Change role to… option: You can also change the user role manually in the database via phpMyAdmin. NOTE: It is strongly recommended to back up the database before proceeding.
How do I set a default role in WordPress?
The default user role is retrieved from the database get_option(‘default_role’) and can be set via the Admin Dashboard by going to Settings > General > New User Default Role.
You can replace the ‘editor’ role with any of the following:
Where are user roles in WordPress database?
WordPress user roles in the database
WordPress user roles are stored in the wp_options table. The simplest entry is for the Subscriber role.
How do I delete user roles in WordPress?
In your WordPress admin menu, go to “Capabilities”. In the top-right corner of this screen, look for the “Select Role to View / Edit” dropdown. Choose the role you want to delete.
What is the difference between WordPress posts and pages?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How old is WordPress first version?
After hundreds (maybe thousands) of commits to the official SVN repository, the first version, WordPress 0.7 was released on May 27th, 2003. WordPress 1.0 was released in January 2004: otherwise known as the ‘Davis’ version. Mullenweg has an affinity for jazz greats.
How do I add a new role in WordPress?
Creating a New User Role
- After installing and activating this plugin navigate to wp-admin → Users → Add New Role.
- Enter the role title (e.g Comments Moderator)
- Select the capabilities for this new user role (e.g. moderate comments, read)
- Click on Add Role button.
25 янв. 2021 г.
How do I get user meta in WordPress?
The function for either adding or updating WordPress user meta data is called update_user_meta() , and it looks as follows:
- update_user_meta( $user_id, $meta_key, $meta_value, $prev_value );
- get_user_meta( $user_id, $meta_key, $single );
- delete_user_meta( $user_id, $meta_key, $meta_value );
6 авг. 2019 г.