How do you assign a blog post to a category?
On the Add New/Edit Post screen, look for the Categories panel (at right). If the panel is collapsed, click the Arrow to expand the box. In the Categories panel, check the category name(s) to assign the post to. To create a new category, click + Add New Category at the bottom of the box.
How do I organize my blog categories?
How to Organize Your Blog Posts With Categories and Tags
- Organize your blog content with categories and tags for a better user experience Tweet.
- Use both categories and tags to create a great system for organizing your blog posts Tweet.
- Once you’ve created an organized system of categories and tags, make sure to use them! Tweet.
13 февр. 2017 г.
How do I add categories to WordPress posts?
To do that, go to Posts -> All Posts. Select the posts you want to add to a category, click on the Bulk Actions tab, select Edit and finally press the Apply button. A few options will show up in front of you. One of them is the Categories section.
How do I manage categories in WordPress?
If you want to edit the categories we’ve just created go to Posts > Categories and you’ll see a list of all the categories (from this page you can also add a new one, even including a description for more detail). Here you can change its: name. slug.
How do I organize my blog posts?
Planning And Organizing Blogs Made Simple
- Here’s my 7 part process to planning and organizing blogs:
- Step 1: Use a Planner.
- Step 2: Use a Template to Write Your Post.
- Step 3: Use Batch Processing.
- Step 4: Set up Your Content.
- Step 5: Perform On Page SEO.
- Step 6: Post On High Traffic Days.
- Step 7: Promote Your Post.
Which type of categories can be added for blog posts?
For example, you might choose writing, content marketing, news, and social media as your main categories. What are “sub” topics that deserve their own category? These are the blog posts that you write about often, though not as much as the three you created in step 1.
What is the difference between categories and tags in WordPress?
Categories and tags are the two primary ways to group content on a WordPress site. In simple terms, categories are general labels, while tags are more specific (describe your posts in more detail).
How do I organize my blog posts on Wix?
Wix Blog: Changing the Order of Blog Posts
- Click to edit a blog post or create a new one.
- Click the Settings icon on the left side panel.
- Click the Publish Date box.
- Click the date and click to select a new date from the calendar.
- Click Save & Publish.
Which type of blog is most popular?
Revealed: Which are the Most Popular Types of Blogs?
- Fashion Blogs. Fashion blogs are one of the most popular types of blogs on the internet. …
- Food Blogs. Food blogs are another popular blog type. …
- Travel Blogs. Travel blogs are becoming more popular each day. …
- Music Blogs. …
- Lifestyle Blogs. …
- Fitness Blogs. …
- DIY Blogs. …
- Sports Blogs.
2 янв. 2020 г.
How many blog categories should I have?
How Many WordPress Categories Should You Have? There’s no specific number of categories that you should have. In most cases, you’ll want somewhere between 5 and 10 in order to properly categorize your posts and make your site easy to browse. Categories are meant to encompass a large group of posts.
What are categories in a blog?
A blog category is a topic you address on your blog. Your category list is like the table of contents for your blog. Categories are broad and can encompass smaller, more defined topics (i.e., tags). A category title should be descriptive and can be several words long.
How do I show all the categories on a WordPress page?
Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts > Categories. Be sure you have all of the categories created that you’d like included on your new page. Step 2: Hover your mouse over one of the category titles you want to include and look at the bottom of your screen.
How do I add a category to a menu in WordPress?
Add product categories to your menu
- on the menus page (appearance -> menus ) go to the top and click to display screen options.
- then tick Product Categories (they will appear with the other menu items)
- add the categories that you want to the menu.
- finally save the menu and your done.
2 июн. 2015 г.
How do I show Page categories in WordPress?
In menus, go to Appearance → Menus, select categories and click Add to Menus. In the sidebar, go to Appearance → Widgets, then choose the categories that you want to appear in the sidebar and click Add Widget. When you want to show subcategories in the sidebar, drag and drop categories to a Sidebar.