Upon activation, you need to visit the Settings » Notification e-mails page. This is where the plugin allows you to manage all WordPress notification emails including auto-update notifications. Simply scroll down to the auto-update options and uncheck the box next to the notifications that you want to disable.
How do I turn off WordPress update notifications?
- Unzip the ZIP file and drop the folder straight into your ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the wordpress admin >> ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- For plugin configurations go to settings >> Disable Notification Settings.
- Save settings. It’s done.
How do I temporarily disable WordPress?
How to Temporarily Disable Your WordPress With the Plugin. Start by installing and Activating the free Disable Site WordPress plugin. After that, locate the Disable Site tab in your dashboard menu and click on it. This brings you to the only settings page from Disable Site.
How do I disable Widgets in WordPress?
Disabling Widgets in WordPress
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Search for, install, and activate Widget Disable.
- Navigate to Appearance>Disable Widgets.
- Under Sidebar Widgets, check off the box next to all of the widgets you want to disable and hide. …
- Click Save Changes to hide the selected widgets from your widget list.
14 дек. 2020 г.
How do I disable comments on WordPress?
To do that, go to Settings » Discussion from the left sidebar of your WordPress admin panel. On this page, you need to uncheck the option that says “Allow people to post comments on new articles” and then click on the Save Changes button to store your settings. This will disable comments on all your future posts.
How do I stop WordPress from updating plugins?
Configuring and Disabling Automatic WordPress Updates
Once the plugin is activated, go to Dashboard » Updates Options to configure your settings. You can choose to ‘Disable all updates’, but we don’t recommend this option. Primarily because it’ll prevent all update notifications from appearing.
Does WordPress automatically update?
By default WordPress can automatically update itself when a security or minor release is available. For major releases, you have to initiate the update yourself. You also have to install plugin and theme updates yourself. Keeping your WordPress site updated is crucial for security and stability of your site.
How do I hide my WordPress site from public?
Go to your blog’s dashboard. Select Settings. From there, select Privacy. You’ll see three options: Public, Hidden, and Private.
How do I disable my website?
Here are the key steps we recommend for shutting down your website.
- Give notification. …
- Turn off your website in the right order. …
- Terminate 3rd party services. …
- Backup your website. …
- Delete all files from your server. …
- Terminate message. …
- Terminate the hosting account. …
- Deal with your domain name.
Can I unpublish my WordPress site?
If your website is hosted on wordpress.com the first step is to login and go to My Sites, and select the site that you’re working with. In the sidebar go to Manage > Settings then scroll down to Privacy. … So as you can see, unpublishing your WordPress website is easy if you’re working on wordpress.com.
How do I remove a widget from WordPress example?
Removing sidebar widgets completely through the Theme editor
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance > Widgets. Click here for information on removing and adding widgets.
- Add a blank text widget. Now the links and widgets will not display.
4 авг. 2020 г.
How do I get rid of unnecessary widgets?
Press-and-hold on a widget to grab it. You can see the Remove option displayed at the top of the screen. Move your finger to drag the widget onto Remove.
How do I remove a widget from one page in WordPress?
Here’s a very simple procedure for hiding unwanted widgets or showing relevant ones on certain pages.
- Download your free Widget Options and let it do most of the job. …
- Click on the widget to reveal the options and go to the visibility tab (the “eye” icon”).
- From the Hide/Show menu, choose “Hide on Checked Pages”.
14 сент. 2017 г.
How do I disable comments?
You can enable/disable comments using Quick Edit by:
- Go to Posts > All Posts (or Pages > All Pages)
- Locate the post or page you want to enable/disable comments on.
- Hover over it’s title to bring up the action menu and click on Quick Edit.
- Check or uncheck ‘Allow Comments’ then click on Update.
How do I bulk delete comments on WordPress?
If you want to delete all WordPress comments, then select ‘All Comments’ option and then click on the Delete Now button. The plugin will now permanently delete all comments from your WordPress site. Including those in spam and trash.
How do I limit comments?
Within the Settings menu, you’ll see a section for Comments. Tap on that to go into a more detailed Comment menu. You can set your account up to allow comments for Everyone, or limit things to just People You Follow and Your Followers, People You Follow, or Your Followers.