What is a portfolio project in WordPress?
A portfolio on a WordPress.com site is made up of “portfolio projects,” a format that’s neither a post nor a page: they are organized separately and set apart from your posts and pages.
How do you set up a portfolio?
How to Build a Professional Portfolio
- Collect Examples of Your Work.
- Include Photos of Yourself Working.
- Include Info About Prestigious and Successful Companies You’ve Worked With.
- Include Any Correspondence You Have Received in the Past.
- Demonstrate Your Skills.
- Create Clear Concise Documents That Are Organized.
How do I show portfolio categories in WordPress?
Displaying Portfolios in the menu by Project Category with SpicePress
- In the WP Admin Panel, head to Appearance => Menu.
- Click on the Screen Options tab to visualize the Portfolio category check box.
- Activate the Project category check box by clicking on the box.
What is the difference between a gallery and a portfolio in WordPress?
Portfolios can be collection of anything like Projects, Case Studies, Movies, Books, Recipes etc which can have titles, categories & other attributes and can have individual pages for each item. Galleries on the other hand is just a single collection of IMAGES.
Should I use WordPress for my portfolio?
In almost all instances, the platform of choice for portfolio websites is WordPress. There are two very compelling reasons for choosing WordPress. … Using WordPress, people with no expertise and experience of website development could create snazzy WordPress portfolio website without much trouble!
What is a portfolio page?
A portfolio site is an extension of a freelancer’s (or company’s) résumé. It provides a convenient way for potential clients to view your work while also allowing you to expand on your skills and services. … You should decide what you want to accomplish with your website before adding content to it.
What are the 3 types of portfolio?
A showcase portfolio contains products that demonstrate how capable the owner is at any given moment. An assessment portfolio contains products that can be used to assess the owner’s competences. A development portfolio shows how the owner (has) developed and therefore demonstrates growth.
What is a portfolio sample?
A portfolio is a collection of work samples that you can bring to an interview, send to a prospective employer, or even post online.
How do I make my portfolio stand out?
12 Tips For Making Your Portfolio Stand Out
- Choose wisely. Your portfolio is only as good as the work you put in it. …
- Keep it relevant. …
- Use your portfolio to tell a story. …
- Keep it simple. …
- Show me you can think. …
- Show me the basics. …
- Get inspired and get feedback. …
- Meet the criteria.
How do I change portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Choose Categories out of a dropdown menu list.
- Fill in all necessary fields like category name and slug.
- Press Add New Category option and a new category will appear in the list on the right:
What is a WordPress Portfolio category?
If you’re hoping to use your WordPress.com site to show off your portfolio separate from your blog posts and pages, the Portfolio content type will let you manage all your portfolio projects in one place. It also gives you a number of different ways to display them on your site.
What are the different types of investment portfolios?
What is an Investment Portfolio?
- Stocks. Stocks are the most common component of an investment portfolio. …
- Bonds. …
- Alternative Investments. …
- Growth portfolio. …
- Income portfolio. …
- Value portfolio. …
- Determine the objective of the portfolio. …
- Minimize investment turnover.
Do WordPress pages or posts rank better?
WordPress Pages vs Posts, and SEO
The answer is very simple: NO, they do not. It is all content to them and the same indexing algorithm applies to both post types. However, there are other considerations that are related to the choice between pages and posts and eventually influence the site’s organic ranking.
What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How do I create a photography portfolio in WordPress?
At the bottom of the page, you’ll see a section called Photography Portfolio with a button that lets you upload images to create a gallery. You can upload or select multiple images from your library and insert all of them at once, so there is no need to do it manually for each image.