If you’re hoping to use your WordPress.com site to show off your portfolio separate from your blog posts and pages, the Portfolio content type will let you manage all your portfolio projects in one place. It also gives you a number of different ways to display them on your site.
How do I use WordPress portfolio?
Here are the eight basic steps you’ll need to follow in order to make a portfolio site:
- Choose a good WordPress host.
- Install WordPress.
- Find and install the right theme and plugins.
- Build a header.
- Build a project gallery.
- Put together an About Me section.
- Set up a contact form.
27 янв. 2021 г.
Should I use WordPress for my portfolio?
In almost all instances, the platform of choice for portfolio websites is WordPress. There are two very compelling reasons for choosing WordPress. … Using WordPress, people with no expertise and experience of website development could create snazzy WordPress portfolio website without much trouble!
What is a portfolio project in WordPress?
A portfolio on a WordPress.com site is made up of “portfolio projects,” a format that’s neither a post nor a page: they are organized separately and set apart from your posts and pages.
How do I organize my WordPress portfolio?
Once you install the Post Types Order plugin, you’ll find a Reorder option added under Portfolio in your WordPress backend. When you open the page, you can drag and drop the items to reorder them as you want.
What is the difference between a gallery and a portfolio in WordPress?
Portfolios can be collection of anything like Projects, Case Studies, Movies, Books, Recipes etc which can have titles, categories & other attributes and can have individual pages for each item. Galleries on the other hand is just a single collection of IMAGES.
How do I show portfolio categories in WordPress?
Displaying Portfolios in the menu by Project Category with SpicePress
- In the WP Admin Panel, head to Appearance => Menu.
- Click on the Screen Options tab to visualize the Portfolio category check box.
- Activate the Project category check box by clicking on the box.
How do I make a portfolio?
How to create a portfolio with these easy tips
- Be thoughtful about what you include. Liz Designs Things. …
- Select only your strongest pieces. …
- Showcase your most unique and creative work. …
- Go for variety. …
- Decide on how many pieces to include. …
- Do you need a physical portfolio? …
- Go high-resolution. …
- Stay current.
How do I change portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Choose Categories out of a dropdown menu list.
- Fill in all necessary fields like category name and slug.
- Press Add New Category option and a new category will appear in the list on the right:
How do I add images to my WordPress portfolio?
Step by step
- In Portfolio settings choose Gallery for Show portfolio item as.
- Click Set featured image or if you have it already Remove featured image.
- Click on Upload files. …
- Choose from your computer all images (with SHIFT button) you want to display in gallery and click Open.
30 сент. 2014 г.
How do I add a portfolio item to WordPress?
On the post editor screen, click on the Add Album button. Select the album you created earlier from the pop-up and then click on Insert Album button. That’s all you have successfully created your portfolio in WordPress. You can now view your portfolio page in action.
What is a portfolio page?
A portfolio site is an extension of a freelancer’s (or company’s) résumé. It provides a convenient way for potential clients to view your work while also allowing you to expand on your skills and services. … You should decide what you want to accomplish with your website before adding content to it.
How do I create a free portfolio?
Here are 10 best free online portfolio sites for you to create perfect UX/UI design portfolios:
- Behance (Free) …
- Dribbble (Free) …
- Coroflot. …
- Adobe Portfolio (Free) …
- Carbonmade (Offer free account) …
- Cargo (Offer free account) …
- Crevado (Offer free account) …
- PortfolioBox (Offer free account)
How do I change the order of posts in WordPress?
Simply edit the post you want to reorder and on the post edit screen click on the publish date under the Document panel. This will bring up a date and time popup where you can change the post’s published date and time. After you have changed the date/time, click on the ‘Update’ button to save your changes.
How do I sort my products on WordPress?
Go to WordPress “Admin > Products > Rearrange Products” and use drag-and-drop functionality to arrange your products. Click on “Group by Categories” tab to arrange product by Category groups.
How do I reorder posts in WordPress?
After activating it click into “Post Types Order” under settings and you can enable the types of posts you want the reorder interface to show up on. Then under that post type you will see a new menu called “Re-order.” You can then drag and drop the posts within according to the order you want them to appear in.