To create new categories in WordPress, go to Posts > Categories page. On the left side of the page, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories. Fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then press Add New Category.
How do I add a category to a menu in WordPress?
Add product categories to your menu
- on the menus page (appearance -> menus ) go to the top and click to display screen options.
- then tick Product Categories (they will appear with the other menu items)
- add the categories that you want to the menu.
- finally save the menu and your done.
2 июн. 2015 г.
How do I add categories and tags in WordPress?
The easiest and fastest ways to add categories and tags is by using a plugin (no coding experience needed)
- Login To Your WP Dashboard.
- Go to Plugins and then, Add New.
- Search , Install and activate the Post Tags and Categories for Pages plugin.
10 окт. 2018 г.
How do I show categories in WordPress?
Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts > Categories. Be sure you have all of the categories created that you’d like included on your new page. Step 2: Hover your mouse over one of the category titles you want to include and look at the bottom of your screen.
How do I manage categories in WordPress?
If you want to edit the categories we’ve just created go to Posts > Categories and you’ll see a list of all the categories (from this page you can also add a new one, even including a description for more detail). Here you can change its: name. slug.
What is a category on WordPress?
What are categories in WordPress? In short, categories are the most general method of grouping content on a WordPress site. A category symbolizes a topic or a group of topics that are connected to one another in some way. Sometimes, a post can belong to many categories at the same time.
How do I add a mega menu in WordPress?
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New, then search WP Mega Menu and click Install Now.
- Upload ‘wp-megamenu’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click on the new menu item “WP Mega Menu” and setup your settings.
How do I create a drop down menu in WordPress?
How to create a WordPress dropdown menu with core functionality
- Step 1: Create a menu (if needed) If you don’t already have a menu, enter a name in the Menu Name box and then click the Create Menu button. …
- Step 2: Add links to menu. …
- Step 3: Arrange menu items using drag and drop. …
- Step 4: Choose menu location.
2 июн. 2020 г.
How do I add to the top menu bar in WordPress?
Adding WordPress Menus in Sidebars and Footers
Simply go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Navigation Menu’ widget to your sidebar. Next, add a title for the widget and choose the correct menu from the ‘Select Menu’ drop down list.
How do I find my tag list in WordPress?
If you want to display a list of tags associated with a specific post then you instead use the function called get_the_tag_list. Example: echo get_the_tag_list(‘Tags: ‘,’, ‘,”); Also, the first snippet uses the get_tags function which is specifically for WordPress tags.
How do you add categories in pages?
On any existing page, click on the Settings button and select the Document tab. You will now see a Categories and Tag option appear in the settings. Simply click on one of them and you will be presented with the same options as a post. Choose a category for your page.
What are categories?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
Can WordPress pages have categories?
Categories provide a helpful way to group related posts together. Depending on the theme and widgets you have activated, categories can be used : On your menu to organize your posts. On specific pages using the Blog Posts block.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.