In the Menus page, click the Screen Options tab at the top-right. Make sure CSS Classes box is checked off, and then close the Screen Options section. Next, click on the unlinked menu item, and add a class named “unclickable.”
How do I turn off links in WordPress?
Click on the triangle to the right of the page name. Click the “Remove” link at the bottom left of the box that opens below the page title bar.
How do I make a dropdown not clickable?
Add it to your menu, drag the sections under it in the menu editor, then edit the ‘Portfolio’ custom menu link, empty out the URL field and then save the menu. It should disable it from linking to anything but still allow for the submenus to drop down and be clickable.
How do I edit a custom link in WordPress?
At the top of the Menus screen, next to ‘Select a menu to edit’, choose the menu you want to add a custom link to from the drop-down list, then click ‘Select’. Click on the ‘Custom Links’ heading from the menu options which appear below. Type or paste the URL into the URL text field.
How do I remove a custom link in WordPress?
To do this, login to your WordPress admin and then hover over ‘Appearance’ and click ‘Menus’. Choose the relevant menu, and then on the left click ‘Custom Links’. In here, enter the hash symbol (#) as the URL – there’s no need to use the http:// preface, so just remove that.
How do I make a WordPress menu non clickable?
Log into your WordPress admin panel and go to the menu Appearance-> Menus. Remove the parent menu item that you want to make non-clickable. In the “Custom Links” add an new external menu with the same name and put # into the URL field. Click “Add to Menu” and set the menu to your mages with level parent.
How do I make a WordPress image not clickable?
First, you will just need to select the image by clicking on it. Then, you will see the pencil “Edit” icon appear. Click the pencil icon to edit the image. Under Display Settings set Link to “None”.
How do I fix my menu on WordPress?
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard using an account with administrative privileges.
- Highlight “Appearance” on the dashboard menu, and then click “Menus” to load the Edit Menus screen.
- Click the “Select a menu to edit” drop-down box, click the name of the broken menu, and then click the “Select” button.
How make top level menu item not have link but have sub menus that are linked?
Go to Appearance, then click on menus. In this section go under menu structure and click on the arrow down to expand the page and you’ll see a box that says disable link. Check that box and save.
How do I make a parent menu clickable in WordPress?
3 Answers. Note: $att[‘href’] is enabled now, the the $atts[‘data-toggle’] is disabled which makes the parent link clickable. Now open up your style. css and add this piece of code to activate the hover function for your WordPress menu with dropdown and clickable parent.
How do you make a dropdown not editable in HTML?
According to HTML specs, the select tag in HTML doesn’t have a readonly attribute, only a disabled attribute. So if you want to keep the user from changing the dropdown, you have to use disabled .
How do I get rid of the parent menu link in WordPress?
Disabling the Link Attribute to a Top Level Menu Item.
- Click on the Menus option.
- Select the menu you want to work with.
- Click on the Add Items button.
- Click on the Custom Link option. …
- Next, click on Add to Menu.
- Now, drag the items you want in the sub menu under the new custom link item.
28 окт. 2020 г.
How do I create a custom link?
HOW TO: Create Your Own Customized Short URL
- Buy a URL — Make it Short. There are a number of services you can use to find an available URL, but the most convenient for finding a short URL is Domainr. …
- Create a Bit.ly Account and Set Your Custom Short Domain. …
- Set an A Record for Your Short URL to Point to Bitly. …
- Verify Your Tracking Domain.
17 нояб. 2010 г.
How do I create a custom link in WordPress?
Use the Custom Links panel to add a custom link to your menu, such as a link to an external website. Simply type in the website URL in the URL field and the menu name in the Link Text field. Click the Add to Menu button when done.
How do I create a URL?
Create a short URL
- Visit the Google URL shortener site at goo.gl.
- If you aren’t signed in, click the Sign in button in the top right corner.
- Write or paste your URL in the Paste your long URL here box.
- Click Shorten URL.