In order for WordPress to work correctly, there has to be at least one available category. By default, that’s the “Uncategorized” category which cannot be deleted, but you can easily rename it. If you publish a new post and forget to select a category for it, WordPress automatically assigns it to the default one.
What is default post category in WordPress?
The default category in a new WordPress installation is “Uncategorized“. If you don’t pick a category for a post, then the post is automatically placed into the default category.
How many categories should my blog have?
We’d suggest that any more than 8 categories is excessive. The idea is to group your posts systematically so your readers can easily find the content that interests them. Between 4-6 categories feels about right. Too many will make your content harder to find.
How do you categorize posts in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
What is a post category in WordPress?
WordPress categories are a very convenient way to organize your posts. You can have parent and child categories, making hierarchical arrangement of your posts possible. In addition, one post can be placed in more than one category.
What is Category example?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. … An example of category is food that is made from grains.
Which file type is not accepted in WordPress by default?
By default, WordPress only allows for certain types of files for security reasons. The common file formats include: Images like . png, .
What are the most popular types of blogs?
The Most Popular Blog Types – 2021 Edition
- Health & Fitness Blog. A hot blog for those who are focused on fitness is the health and fitness blogs. …
- DIY Blogging. There are some who enjoy the satisfaction of making and fixing their own things. …
- Sports Focused Blogs. …
- Blogs about Politics. …
- Travel Blogging. …
- Car and Automobile Blogging.
How do I organize my blog posts?
Planning And Organizing Blogs Made Simple
- Here’s my 7 part process to planning and organizing blogs:
- Step 1: Use a Planner.
- Step 2: Use a Template to Write Your Post.
- Step 3: Use Batch Processing.
- Step 4: Set up Your Content.
- Step 5: Perform On Page SEO.
- Step 6: Post On High Traffic Days.
- Step 7: Promote Your Post.
Should I use tags on my blog?
Tags on your blog posts can make it easier for readers to find what they’re looking for. They can help search engine crawlers understand the content that’s on your site. And tags can help you organize, update, and repackage your archived posts.
How do I organize categories in WordPress?
WordPress – Arrange Categories
- Step (1) − Click on Posts → Category Order in WordPress. …
- Step (2) − In the following screen, you can see that the create categories section are not in order.
- Step (3) − Now, you can rearrange your categories by just dragging the categories as per your choice.
What are tags and categories in WordPress?
Categories and tags are the two primary ways to group content on a WordPress site. In simple terms, categories are general labels, while tags are more specific (describe your posts in more detail).
How do I get all the categories in WordPress?
$args = array( ‘style’ => ‘none’ ); Finally, you can ask WordPress to display a link to all your categories thanks to the option show_option_all . You give a string to this option, and WordPress will display a new link, pointing to all of your categories.
What is the difference between category and tag in WordPress?
What’s the difference between tags and categories? According to the WordPress definition, categories allow you to broadly group post topics, while you can use tags to describe your post in more detail.
What are categories?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
How do I remove the default category in WordPress?
This is determined by navigating to Settings > Writing and looking for Default Post Category. You can set the default category to a different one of your choosing, and you can even rename “Uncategorized” to something that makes more sense for your site.