In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Recent Posts’ widget to your sidebar. The built-in Recent Posts widget doesn’t offer many options. You can give the widget a title, choose whether or not to show the dates of posts, and add the number of posts you want to display.
How do I get recent posts on my WordPress homepage?
To add the widget:
- Login to your WordPress website.
- Navigate to Appearance>Widgets.
- Find the Recent Posts widget, then drag and drop it in the desired widget area.
- Once added, you can add a title, set the number of posts to show and more.
- Click Save to complete the changes.
29 апр. 2020 г.
How do I add latest news in WordPress?
To add a news item:
- Navigate to News > Add News Item.
- Add your content to the WordPress editor as you would a normal post or page.
- You can also add and select a category and/or tag(s) for the news item if you wish.
- Click Publish to save your news post.
14 дек. 2020 г.
How do I add a post to a page in WordPress?
How To Create A Dedicated Posts Page (In 3 Easy Steps)
- Step 1: Create Your Pages. To get started, navigate to Pages > Add New. …
- Step 2: Adjust Your Home Page Settings. Next, you’ll want to tell WordPress what your home page should be. …
- Step 3: Add Your Pages To a Menu.
How do I show all posts in WordPress homepage?
List All WordPress Posts on Your Homepage. If you’d like all your posts displayed on your front page along with the content of the posts, you can easily do that by going to the Reading Settings screen (Settings > Reading) and changing the number of posts to show to something more than the number of posts you have.
Where do posts appear in WordPress?
Posts can be found in the Archives, Categories, Recent Posts, and other widgets. Posts are also displayed in the RSS feed of the site. You can control how many posts are displayed at a time in the Reading Settings. If you want your posts to appear on a page other than your home page, see Front Page.
How do I get rid of recent posts on WordPress?
You can remove recent posts,archives,categories on home-page with the theme customizer. go to Appearance -> Customize -> Widgets -> Sidebar – Default. Select the widget and click on remove. Hope this will helps you.
How do I show posts in WordPress?
- Make sure WP Show Posts is activated.
- Navigate to “WP Show Posts > Add New” and configure your list.
- Copy the shortcode provided for you when adding your new list.
- Add your shortcode to your desired page or post.
How do you add a sidebar in WordPress?
How to create a custom WordPress sidebar (in 2 steps)
- Step 1: Create your first custom WordPress sidebar. Once the plugin is up and running, you’ll find an option that reads Create a new sidebar under Appearance > Widgets on your dashboard. …
- Step 2: Specify the location for your new sidebar.
8 июн. 2020 г.
How do I link a category to a page in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I post to a different page on WordPress?
Create a custom menu. Add the dynamic category pages to into the custom menu. You can create a custom menu and include multiple dynamic category pages that automatically display the published posts assigned to the the specific categories in reverse chronological order.
What is the difference between page and post in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How do I get my blog posts to appear on homepage?
If you want your posts to show up on the home page and WordPress isn’t already doing this for you, here’s how you do it. In the WordPress admin, go to Settings > Reading. Find the section called Your homepage displays and select the Your latest posts option. Click the Save Changes button and go back to your home page.
Why are my posts not showing up on WordPress?
Specify the page for posts in WordPress
The problem is most likely that you haven’t configured the Page for Posts setting in WordPress→Settings→Reading correctly: So the easiest solution is simply to specify your Posts page. If you haven’t an empty page at hand, just create a new one.
What is a single post page in WordPress?
Custom single post templates allow you to use different layouts for your individual blog posts. Many WordPress themes come with a few different page templates, and you can also create your own if needed. In this article, we will show you how to easily create custom single post templates in WordPress.