Go to “Settings” from the dashboard, and click on “Reading.” The first option available is called “Front Page Displays.” Change it to “A static page.” In the “Front Page” drop-down, you should see your new homepage. Select it and save your changes.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I customize my WordPress home page?
WordPress allows you to easily use any page on your website as your homepage. You can simply go to Pages » Add New page inside WordPress admin area to create a new page. Let’s give this page a title ‘Home’ and publish it. You will use this page as your custom homepage.
How do I edit my homepage?
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
How do I edit a page in WordPress?
To edit your blog’s pages, go to My Sites → Pages. To open a page to edit, click on its title. This will open the WordPress editor where you can make changes to the page.
How do I edit menus in WordPress?
You edit your WordPress main menu as follows. Log into your WordPress website, go to ‘Appearance’ and click on ‘Menus’ in the left side menu. Click on ‘Select a menu to edit’ and choose the menu you want to change. Click on ‘Select’ and the menu will start loading.
How do I get to the front page in WordPress?
You have two main options for your WordPress front page. To see them, go to your dashboard and select Settings > Reading.
How do I remove page titles in WordPress?
If you just want to remove the titles, it’s easy to do: Go to Pages > All Pages. Hover a page and click Quick Edit, then blank the title and click Update. You can also click the title or hover and click Edit, then find the heading at the top, delete the text inside, and click Update.
Is WordPress a homepage?
The blog homepage is the page that shows the time-based blog content of the site. is_home() is dependent on the site’s “Front page displays” Reading Settings ‘show_on_front’ and ‘page_for_posts’.
How can I set Google as my homepage?
- In the menu bar on the top of your browser, click Tools.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab.
- Under “Home page,” enter: www.google.com .
- Click OK.
- Restart your browser.
How do I change the background on my Google homepage?
Sign in to your Google Account in the top right corner of the Google homepage. Click Change background image at the bottom of the Google homepage. Once you’ve chosen your image, click Select at the bottom of the window. It may take a moment before your new Google homepage background appears.
How do you change the background on Google Chrome?
How to Change the Google Background Image
- Open Chrome. …
- Go to Chrome preferences. …
- Click Settings in the left sidebar and choose Appearance.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section. …
- Peruse the themes here and choose the theme you like most. …
- Once you’ve chosen your theme, click the Add To Chrome option.
9 июн. 2019 г.
How do I edit the backend page in WordPress?
How to Customize the WordPress Backend Manually
- Customize the Login Page. …
- Make Use of WordPress User Roles. …
- Hide Or Eliminate Menu Items. …
- Customize Screen Options. …
- Add Custom Widgets to the WordPress Dashboard. …
- Disable Theme and Plugin Editor. …
- Edit the Dashboard Footer. …
- Custom Login Page Customizer.
3 авг. 2016 г.
How do I edit my WordPress site in cPanel?
In order to update site and home URL, follow the steps below.
- Find the name of your database in wp-config. …
- Go to cPanel > Databases section > phpMyAdmin menu:
- Click on ‘+’ next to your cPanel username to expand the list of the databases, locate the database for the WordPress website and click on it.