How do I create a child page in WordPress?
Simply go to the Pages » Add New to create a new page or edit an existing page in your WordPress admin area. On the right side, you will see Page Attributes box with Parent dropdown. In the Parent drop-down, you will see the list of all pages from your site.
How do I show child pages in parent page WordPress?
How to show all child pages of a specific WordPress page
- Start by deciding which page will be the child page. …
- This will set the page you selected from the dropdown menu as the parent of the page you were editing. …
- You can also assign parent pages to already existing parent pages.
How do I create a separate page in WordPress?
2 Ways of Creating Separate Blog Pages in WordPress
- Creating a Blog Page. First, go to the Pages > Add new, after that fill the title input field, I suppose it will be «Blog», and save the page.
- Customizing Locations for Homepage and Blog Posts. Go to the Settings > Reading and set up a static page as the homepage and our blog page as a posts page.
- Add a Menu Item.
What are WordPress child pages?
Child Page or Sub Page
Those websites which do not have many blog posts to publish can use pages to showcase information. But if there are too many pages then it will be difficult to manage. In this case, similar types of pages are kept under one main page. Those pages are called child page or subpage.
How do you create a child page from a template?
- Hit Ctrl + N or go to File > New…
- In the 1st column of the dialogue window that comes up, click the Site Templates option.
- Choose one of your Site Definitions from the second column.
- Choose one of the Template files for that site in the 3rd column. A thumbnail of the page will appear in the 4th column.
- Hit Create.
7 февр. 2020 г.
What does a parent page mean in WordPress?
Using Parent Pages is a good way to organize your Site Pages into hierarchies. A parent page is a top level page, with child pages nested under it. Parent page drop down in Document Settings.
How do I change the parent page in WordPress?
If you want to change the order or positioning of a page within the drop down menus then change it in Appearence > Menus.
- Top level pages have (no parent)
- Select a parent page from the list.
- Select the parent and update the page.
Where do I find page attributes in WordPress?
The Page Attributes metabox allows you to set page parents and templates, and to change the order of your pages. It can be found on the right side of the page editor, under the Publish metabox.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I create a custom page in WordPress?
Go to WordPress Admin Panel > Pages > Add New. You can see the new custom page template listed on the right side. Create a new page and set its template to PageWithoutSidebar. Once done, Publish it.
How do I create a page in WordPress?
To create a subpage #
- Go to Administration > Pages > Add New screen.
- In the right menu, click the “Page Parent” drop-down menu. …
- Select the appropriate parent Page from the drop-down menu to make the current Page a child Page.
- Add content to the subpage.
- Click Publish when ready.
How do I post to a different page on WordPress?
Create a custom menu. Add the dynamic category pages to into the custom menu. You can create a custom menu and include multiple dynamic category pages that automatically display the published posts assigned to the the specific categories in reverse chronological order.
Are WordPress pages child?
6 Answers. You can do that with $post->post_parent . You will have to check if child page’s parent is Services page. So this is how you will check it.
What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How do pages work in WordPress?
Pages are static one-off type of documents which are not tied to the blog’s reverse chronological order of content. Pages can be hierarchical, which means a page can have sub pages, for example a parent page titled “About us” can have a sub-page called “Our history”. On the other hand posts are not hierarchical.