Why Add Keywords and Meta Descriptions in WordPress? … A meta description is a brief description of what your page or post is about. It’s your meta title, description, and keywords that shows up in Google search results: Meta keywords and meta description are HTML meta tags. They form part of your website’s header code.
What is a meta description?
A meta description (sometimes called a meta description attribute or tag) is an HTML element that describes and summarizes the contents of your page for the benefit of users and search engines. … Why meta descriptions are important to you and to your SEO rankings.
How do you write a meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Stick to your brand voice and tone, but also keep it conversational.
- Include your primary keyword if you can do so naturally.
- Make sure you convey value to the reader.
- Include a call-to-action, i.e. “Learn more here.”
- Write in active voice.
13 янв. 2021 г.
What is meta description in blog?
The meta description is an HTML attribute that provides a brief summary of a web page. Search engines such as Google often display the meta description in search results, which can influence click-through rates.
How do you write a meta description for 2020?
How To Write The Perfect Meta Description
- Shoot For A Meta Description Length Under 1000px. Google will truncate meta descriptions longer than a certain length. …
- Use Your Main Keyword In Your Meta Description. …
- Start With A Question, Then Show You Have The Solution. …
- Include A Bonus.
Do Meta Keywords Matter 2020?
Meta-keywords are dead. Do not use them. The keywords meta tag was really designed in 1995 for very archaic old search engines and some could argue that the rise of Google was actually because of older search engines relying too much on this tag.
Does Google use meta keywords?
In short, Google does not use information in the keywords meta tag or the description meta tag to actually rank pages, but it does use the meta description text to create search snippets.
How do you write a good meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Keywords: do make sure your most important keywords for the webpage show up in the meta description. …
- Write legible, readable copy: this is essential. …
- Treat the meta description as if it’s an advert for your web-page: make it as compelling and as relevant as possible.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
How do I create a meta tag?
- Step 1 – Adjust the title in the source – HTML Title Tag. The first phrase you will see and will click on as a result in the search engines is the title. …
- Step 2 – Add a relevant description – meta description tag. …
- Step 3 – Make sure your page works on mobile devices. …
- Step 4 – Bring it all together.
1 нояб. 2020 г.
What is a SEO description?
What is An SEO Meta Description? A meta description is a blurb of text that provides a brief description of a webpage. This text appears as a meta tag in a page’s HTML code.
How do I change meta description?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
What is a home page meta description?
A meta description is meta tag that acts as a 155-160 characters summary that describes the content of a web page. … Unlike the page title, meta descriptions are not a ranking factor, but they do entice users to click through to a page and are part of effective on page SEO.
What is a good meta title?
Furthermore, your meta title should give users a brief, concise and comprehensible impression of what the page is about and why it is relevant for them. Terms that don’t provide any information on the page content, such as “Welcome” or “Home”, should be avoided.