First, go to Search Appearance » Global Settings in your WordPress admin. Then, scroll down to the Home Page section. On this screen, you can easily enter a meta description and keywords, just like you would for a post or page. All in One SEO will use your tagline as your meta description by default.
How do I add meta data to WordPress?
Setup meta tags in WordPress
- Install a plugin in WordPress.
- Activate a plugin in WordPress.
- Click on Pages or Posts depending which you need to edit.
- Click the edit under the page or post title.
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO section.
- Click the Edit snippet button.
- Fill in your SEO title and Meta description fields with information about your page.
How do I add a meta title in WordPress?
- Once you’ve installed and activated Yoast SEO from the Plugins menu, navigate to Posts -> All Posts.
- Click the post where you want to add the meta title.
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO meta box under your post editor, and hit the Edit Snippet button.
- Inside the SEO title field, type in the meta title.
Where do I put meta description tag?
<meta> tags always go inside the <head> element, and are typically used to specify character set, page description, keywords, author of the document, and viewport settings. Metadata will not be displayed on the page, but is machine parsable.
How do I change the meta description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
What is meta tag in WordPress?
A meta tag is a snippet of HTML code that describes the content of a website or a specific web page. These bits of data tell search engines what the page is about, and provide the content that will be displayed in search engine results.
How do I write meta keywords?
Guidelines for Using Meta Keywords Tags:
- Keep your list of keywords or keyword phrases down to ten or fifteen unique keywords or phrases.
- Separate the words or phrases using a comma.
- Do not repeat the words or phrases which you use.
- Place your most important words or phrases at the beginning of your list.
How do you add meta title?
Length: Title tags should be 50-60 characters long, including spaces. Keyword placement: Your most important keywords need to be first in your title tag, with your least important words coming last. Brand name: If your company name is not part of the important keyword phrases, put it at the end of the title tag.
How do I add META tags to my website?
To add meta tags in a web page, you need to edit the <head> section of the HTML file. There are two methods you can use to edit HTML files: If the file already exists on your website, you can download it using an FTP client and then edit it using your preferred text editor.
What does a meta tag look like?
A meta description tag should generally inform and interest users with a short, relevant summary of what a particular page is about. They are like a pitch that convinces the user that the page is exactly what they’re looking for. Meta descriptions, however, are not a direct ranking factor.
What is meta tag example?
What are Meta Tags? Meta tags provide information about the webpage in the HTML of the document. This information is called “metadata” and while it is not displayed on the page itself, it can be read by search engines and web crawlers. … Example of meta tags include the <title> and <description> elements.
How do I find meta description?
If you want to find out whether a given page is using meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source.” A new tab will open in Chrome (in Firefox, it’ll be a pop-up window). The part at the top, or “head” of the page, is where the meta tags would be.
How do I create a meta description?
Characteristics of a good meta description
- Keep it up to 155 characters. …
- Use active voice and make it actionable. …
- Include a call-to-action. …
- Use your focus keyword. …
- Show specifications, where possible. …
- Make sure it matches the content of the page. …
- Make it unique.
21 дек. 2020 г.
How do I write a meta description for SEO?
Support meta descriptions with strong page titles.
- Use the keyword but don’t overuse it.
- Place the keyword near the front of the title.
- Focus on readers, not just search engines.
- Show benefits and value.
- Include your brand name when relevant.
- Write 50 to 60 characters.
- Write unique page titles for each page.
How do I write a meta description for 2019?
How to Write Powerful Meta Descriptions
- Ignore Character Count… To a Point. Stop agonizing over character count. …
- Use Keywords. Again, just because Google doesn’t use meta descriptions for ranking doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t include keywords. …
- Include a Call to Action. …
- Don’t Write a Meta Description.
7 янв. 2019 г.
What is a meta description?
A meta description (sometimes called a meta description attribute or tag) is an HTML element that describes and summarizes the contents of your page for the benefit of users and search engines. … Why meta descriptions are important to you and to your SEO rankings.