To change your WordPress home page start by opening up your WordPress dashboard and going to Settings > Reading. Select the Reading tab to open up several settings for your homepage. Find the Your Homepage Displays section to see what exactly your website is currently showing on the homepage.
What is a homepage section in WordPress?
The term home or home page is used in web development to refer to the the main page of a web site. … By default, a WordPress website shows a home page with your latest posts listed in reverse chronological order. Users can, however, choose to use a static page as their custom home page.
How do I find my home page in WordPress?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home” page you created as your static homepage: Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created.
How do I edit my homepage on WordPress?
You can do this by going to Settings » Reading page in WordPress admin area. Next, you need to select ‘A static page’ option under ‘Your homepage displays’ section. After that, go ahead and select your home and blog pages. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save changes’ button to store your settings.
How do I make a website a homepage?
Build A Killer Homepage – 10 Dos & Don’ts
- Keep your layout clean and easy to navigate. Keeping your homepage’s layout clean and clutter-free is essential. …
- Add high resolution images. …
- Ensure Color scheme and Background work well together. …
- Optimize your buttons. …
- Update content frequently.
16 янв. 2014 г.
How do I set my home page?
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
How do I access WordPress admin?
There are two ways to access WP Admin:
- You can click on the link to WP Admin at the end of the list of settings under My Sites (shown left.)
- You can add /wp-admin to the end of your site’s url (for example: example.wordpress.com/wp-admin )
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I add content to my WordPress homepage?
Simply go to Theme oPtions> Home Layout, and make sure that “Page Content” is enabled. Then navigate to the edit screen for your home page, and add the text. where you’ve placed Page Content in home layout is where you will see the text.
How do I edit content in WordPress?
How to edit current content:
- Click on Post > All Posts.
- Find the Post you would like to edit and either click on the title or ‘Edit’ (which appears when the title is hovered over with a mouse)
- Make the changes you desire.
What is the home page of a website?
A home page (also written as homepage) is the main web page of a website. The term can also refer to one or more pages always shown in a web browser when the application starts up. In this case, it is also known as the start page.
What should I put on my home page?
8 Key Features Your Homepage Should Include
- Logo: Your logo should be visible at the top of your website. …
- Navigation: Straightforward and intuitive navigation is another vital feature your website should include in the header. …
- Headline: …
- Call to Action: …
- Social Proof: …
- Photos: …
- Text Content: …
27 сент. 2017 г.
What makes good homepage?
In short, it’s important to include all key homepage elements within your own designs. … Some elements of excellent website homepage design include your logo, branding information, social proof, and an intro to your team and products. However, there’s much more you can and should cover if you want an amazing homepage.