Once on the content editor screen, scroll down to the ‘AIOSEO Settings’ box below the content area. You will see your site’s title and an automatically generated description as the snippet. Below that, you’ll see the Meta Description field. Go ahead and enter a description into your Meta Description field.
How do I change the meta description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
Where does meta description show up?
A meta description is an attribute within your meta tags that helps describe your page. This snippet of text may appear in the search engine results under your headline, though sometimes, search engines will pull a snippet of text from the main body copy of the page instead.
How do I find the meta description on my website?
If you want to find out whether a given page is using meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source.” A new tab will open in Chrome (in Firefox, it’ll be a pop-up window). The part at the top, or “head” of the page, is where the meta tags would be.
Why is meta description not showing?
If a visitor is searching keywords that you have included in your meta description, Google will use your description in the SERP snippet. If you have the keywords in the page content but not in the meta description, Google probably won’t use your meta tag description and will generate it from the content.
How do I write meta keywords?
Guidelines for Using Meta Keywords Tags:
- Keep your list of keywords or keyword phrases down to ten or fifteen unique keywords or phrases.
- Separate the words or phrases using a comma.
- Do not repeat the words or phrases which you use.
- Place your most important words or phrases at the beginning of your list.
How do I write a meta description for SEO?
Support meta descriptions with strong page titles.
- Use the keyword but don’t overuse it.
- Place the keyword near the front of the title.
- Focus on readers, not just search engines.
- Show benefits and value.
- Include your brand name when relevant.
- Write 50 to 60 characters.
- Write unique page titles for each page.
How do I add a meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Keywords: do make sure your most important keywords for the webpage show up in the meta description. …
- Write legible, readable copy: this is essential. …
- Treat the meta description as if it’s an advert for your web-page: make it as compelling and as relevant as possible.
What is a good meta description?
A page’s meta description should intelligently (read: in a natural, active, non-spammy way) employ the keywords that page is targeting, but also create a compelling description that a searcher will want to click. It should be directly relevant to the page it describes, and unique from the descriptions for other pages.
What should I write in meta description?
Characteristics of a good meta description
- Keep it up to 155 characters. …
- Use active voice and make it actionable. …
- Include a call-to-action. …
- Use your focus keyword. …
- Show specifications, where possible. …
- Make sure it matches the content of the page. …
- Make it unique.
21 дек. 2020 г.
What is meta tag example?
What are Meta Tags? Meta tags provide information about the webpage in the HTML of the document. This information is called “metadata” and while it is not displayed on the page itself, it can be read by search engines and web crawlers. … Example of meta tags include the <title> and <description> elements.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
Does Google use meta keywords?
In short, Google does not use information in the keywords meta tag or the description meta tag to actually rank pages, but it does use the meta description text to create search snippets.
Why is my Meta description not updating?
Google cache is outdated
If you’ve recently updated your description, Google probably hasn’t indexed the new description yet. It can take up to a week for Google to index the changes you made, depending on how often your website is crawled.
How often does Google update meta description?
Google rewrites meta descriptions 62.78% of the time.
Why is my website description wrong in Google?
Google’s algorithm rewrites meta descriptions based on the relationship between the search query and the web page content. So if you have an issue with Google rewriting the meta tags, take a closer look at how the search query relates to the on-page content.