When you create a “home” page and set it as a static page, you end up with two home page links that will both lead to the home page that you have created. By making the one you created a child of another page, it takes one of the home page links out of the navigation.
How do I remove a WordPress home page?
Click the “Remove” link at the bottom of the Home menu options. Click the “Save Menu” button. The Home button is no longer displayed on your blog posts.
How many pages can a WordPress site have?
There is no limit to the number of posts or pages you can create in a free hosted WordPress.com blog. The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page. You can create a custom menu and add Pages and sub-pages to it.
How do I change the home page in WordPress?
How to change the WordPress homepage
- Click on Settings >> Reading in your admin dashboard.
- Set Your homepage displays to ‘A static page’
- Select the page you want to set as the Homepage from the dropdown.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
24 апр. 2020 г.
What is a static home page in WordPress?
It’s a homepage that doesn’t contain blog posts or other regularly updated content. Instead, it’s “static,” or unchanging. A static front page, also known as a “splash page” or “custom homepage,” can feature whatever you want. … The WordPress.com default is to place your blog on the front page.
How do I remove the default home menu in WordPress?
You should be able to get rid of the default menu bar by creating a custom menu, removing all of the links from the menu, and setting it as the Primary Menu for your blog. If the custom menu does not have any links in it, the menu should be removed from your blog.
How do I start over on WordPress?
If you’re building your site and want to start over from scratch, you have two options: Re-install WordPress (use your host’s one click-installation feature) Use a plugin like WP Reset to erase all content, settings, themes and plugins.
Should I use posts or pages in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. If you want to write a normal blog post, you should use a post. … WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How many posts can WordPress handle?
There is no such limit in WordPress about the number of posts to be published. You can write and publish as many posts you can. However, it’s important that posts should deliver value and must be information rich. Post should be at least 1000 words long covering all the important facets of the topic you’re discussing.
How do I use pages in WordPress?
Adding and Editing Pages in WordPress
To get started, visit your admin dashboard. From the left menu, select Pages and then click on Add New. From here, you can begin editing your page. To do this, just add whatever content you’d like in the page editor.
How do I change home page?
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
How do I get to the front page in WordPress?
You have two main options for your WordPress front page. To see them, go to your dashboard and select Settings > Reading.
How do I get home page?
- In the menu bar on the top of your browser, click Tools.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab.
- Under “Home page,” enter: www.google.com .
- Click OK.
- Restart your browser.
How do I make WordPress homepage static?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings:
- Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. …
- Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created. …
- Last, click on Publish for these changes to take effect.
What is a static page on a website?
A static web page (sometimes called a flat page or a stationary page) is a web page that is delivered to the user’s web browser exactly as stored, in contrast to dynamic web pages which are generated by a web application.
How do I make a static page?
Setting: go to Settings > Reading, then ‘Front page displays’.
- Static Page setting: select A static page (instead of the default Your latests posts).
- Front Page setting: in ‘Front page’ list, select the page you want for Static Front Page.
- Posts Page setting: in ‘Posts page’ list, select the empty page you created.