To add a featured image in a WordPress post, simply edit or create a new blog post. In the content editor, you’ll find the featured image tab in the right column. You need to click on the ‘Set Featured Image’ area, and this will bring up the WordPress media uploader popup.
How do I add an image to a WordPress post?
The steps to inserting an image into a blog post in WordPress are:
- Place the cursor where you want the image to appear.
- Click Add media.
- Click Upload then Upload Files and upload the image from your computer.
- Enter a title text with keywords.
- Choose the size, alignment and link settings.
- Click Insert.
How do I add thumbnails to recent post widget?
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard.
- Search for ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard.
- Go to ‘Appereance’ => ‘Widgets’ and select ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
How do I customize the recent post widget in WordPress?
Widgets »Recent Posts Widget
- Going to My Sites → Design → Customize → Widgets.
- Select a widget area.
- Click Add Items.
- Search for “Recent Posts Widget” and click on it to add it to your widget area.
How do I get recent posts to show thumbnails in WordPress?
First, you’ll need to install and activate the WordPress Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails plugin. Next, go to Appearance » Widgets page where you should see the ‘Recent Posts With Thumbnails’ widget. You need to add it to your sidebar or another widget-enabled area.
How do I add an icon to a custom post type in WordPress?
Adding Custom Post Type Icons using a Plugin
Upon activation, simply go to Settings » CPT Custom Icon Settings where you will see your custom post types listed. Next, click on the ‘Choose icon’ button next to a custom post type and then select a font from the menu.
How do I display custom post type in WordPress?
Displaying Custom Post Type Using Default Archive Template
First, you can simply go to Appearance » Menus and add a custom link to your menu. This custom link is the link to your custom post type. Don’t forget to replace example.com with your own domain name and movies with your custom post type name.
Where do posts appear in WordPress?
Posts can be found in the Archives, Categories, Recent Posts, and other widgets. Posts are also displayed in the RSS feed of the site. You can control how many posts are displayed at a time in the Reading Settings. If you want your posts to appear on a page other than your home page, see Front Page.
How do I get the latest posts to show on my WordPress homepage?
To add the widget:
- Login to your WordPress website.
- Navigate to Appearance>Widgets.
- Find the Recent Posts widget, then drag and drop it in the desired widget area.
- Once added, you can add a title, set the number of posts to show and more.
- Click Save to complete the changes.
29 апр. 2020 г.
How do I show all posts in WordPress homepage?
List All WordPress Posts on Your Homepage. If you’d like all your posts displayed on your front page along with the content of the posts, you can easily do that by going to the Reading Settings screen (Settings > Reading) and changing the number of posts to show to something more than the number of posts you have.
How do I post on different pages in WordPress?
You can create Category pages for your Topics/Posts to appear on within Posts > Categories. After creating those Categories, you can then assign those Topics/Posts to them within edit Post/Topic. You can also add the Categories to the Menu in Appearance > Menus.
How do I use Display posts plugin?
The simplest way to query and display content in WordPress. Add the [display-posts] shortcode in a post or page. Use the query parameters to filter the results by tag, category, post type, and more. You can customize the output using the display parameters, or use a template part to match your theme exactly.
How do I show Grid posts in WordPress?
How to display your WordPress posts in a grid layout
- Navigate to Appearance -> Customize in your admin panel. Open the Blog page. You will see new tab Blog settings, open it.
- Then open tab Blog to manage the layout settings of blog page. Select Grid layout and number of columns.
- Save changes when you are done and check your Blog page.
14 мар. 2018 г.
How do I write a post on WordPress?
To write a post:
- Log in to your WordPress Administration Screen (Dashboard).
- Click the ‘Posts’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add New’ sub-tab.
- Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
How do I show popular posts on WordPress?
Upon activation, you need to head over to Appearance » Widgets page to drag and drop the WordPress Popular Posts widget to any sidebar. You can name this widget ‘Today’ and under the time range field select last 24 hours. After that you can review other widget options and set them to your liking.