Go back to Admin Dashboard and got o Appearance from the left menu and click on Menus. In the new screen, click on Screen option on the top right corner and then check the checkbox ‘Display CSS Classes in Menu Items’ for the menus where you want to add icons to WordPress custom menus without plugins.
How do I add a custom menu item in WordPress?
You must define a menu before you can add items to it.
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- From the ‘Appearance’ menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, select the ‘Menus’ option to bring up the Menu Editor.
- Select Create a new menu at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box.
How do I add Fa Fa menu icons in WordPress?
How to Add Font Awesome Icons to WordPress Menus
- Step 1: Install Font Awesome 4 Menus Plugin. The Font Awesome 4 Menus plugin loads the icon font on your site so that you can make use of it within your menus and content. …
- Step 2: Show CSS Classes Options on Menu Screen. …
- Step 3: Enter the CSS Class for the Menu Icon.
6 дек. 2013 г.
How do I add icons to WordPress categories?
Step 1: The basic step Login to your WordPress account and go to plugins section. Step 2: Look out for the plugin and Install the plugin in your website. Step 4: In the category icon page click on the ‘Icons’ option. Step 5: In the icons option click on the categories individually to assign icons to them.
How do I create a custom page in WordPress?
Open your current theme folder and upload PageWithoutSidebar. php file there. Go to WordPress Admin Panel > Pages > Add New. You can see the new custom page template listed on the right side.
How do I add a custom bar in WordPress?
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins, and select add new to go to the “Add Plugins” page.
- In the right side, enter “Storefront Top Bar” in the search input bar, and hit your enter key.
- Click install, and wait for the plugin to download. Once done, activate the plugin.
How do I add an icon?
Insert an icon
Select Insert > Icons. Scroll through the icons or jump to a category by clicking a name in the navigation pane at the left. Choose an icon and then click Insert at the lower right. Insert multiple icons at the same time by clicking each of them before clicking Insert.
How do I make font awesome icons?
- Step 1: Search for icons that you like.
- Step 2: Download the SVG file.
- Step 1: Drag & drop selected SVG’s and create a new set.
- Step 2: Select all the icons you wish to include in the font.
- Step 3: Generate the font.
- Step 4: Rename all the icons and define a unicode character for each (optional)
5 окт. 2016 г.
How do I link an image to a category in WordPress?
Click on the ‘Edit’ link below any image and WordPress will take you to edit image page. You will notice the new category meta box in the right hand column on the screen. Click on add new category link to add a new category. You can also create sub-categories.
How do I add a custom category image in WordPress?
Images are added to new categories via the Add Category form or for existing categories on the Edit Category form under Posts > Categories. Pick a category and click on Edit and you’ll see an Upload/Edit Image button at the bottom.
How do I create a custom template?
Start with a blank template
- Click the File tab, and then click New.
- Click Blank document, and then click Create.
- Make the changes that you want to the margin settings, page size and orientation, styles, and other formats. …
- Click the File tab, and then click Save As.
What are custom templates?
Custom templates are a page (or group of pages) you create yourself and then save as a template for reuse on your site. It’s an efficient way to set up pages that share common content, layout or sub-page hierarchy – for example, a module, staff profile or course description.
How do I create a custom post in WordPress without plugins?
How to Create Custom Post Types In WordPress Without Plugin
- Step 1: Add custom post type function in functions. …
- Step 1: Go to your theme folder and duplicate archive. …
- Step 2: Now all your custom posts with taxonomy “leagues” will use archive-leagues. …
- Step 1: Go to your theme folder and duplicate single. …
- Step 2: Now all the custom posts will use single-games.
11 окт. 2017 г.