WordPress comes with a built-in default widget to display recent posts in your site’s sidebar or any widget ready area. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Recent Posts’ widget to your sidebar.
How do I get the most viewed posts on WordPress?
Display the Most Viewed Posts
Place the following code in the sidebar or where you want to display the most popular posts list. query_posts(‘meta_key=post_views_count&orderby=meta_value_num&order=DESC’); if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post();
How do I change the order of posts in WordPress?
Simply edit the post you want to reorder and on the post edit screen click on the publish date under the Document panel. This will bring up a date and time popup where you can change the post’s published date and time. After you have changed the date/time, click on the ‘Update’ button to save your changes.
How do I customize the recent post widget in WordPress?
Widgets »Recent Posts Widget
- Going to My Sites → Design → Customize → Widgets.
- Select a widget area.
- Click Add Items.
- Search for “Recent Posts Widget” and click on it to add it to your widget area.
How do I categorize posts in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I rearrange images in WordPress?
Since WordPress 3.5’s introduction of the new media manager you can now easily re arrange those images by dragging.. it’s definitely not apparent though.
- Select images. Select multiple images ( hold shift as you select )
- drag and drop for the order you want. Pretty simple huh?!
1 июл. 2013 г.
How do I get recent posts to show thumbnails in WordPress?
First, you’ll need to install and activate the WordPress Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails plugin. Next, go to Appearance » Widgets page where you should see the ‘Recent Posts With Thumbnails’ widget. You need to add it to your sidebar or another widget-enabled area.
How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
27 янв. 2020 г.
How do I show post content in WordPress?
First you will need to create a custom page template and copy the styling from your page. php file. After that, you will use a loop below to display all posts in one page. $wpb_all_query = new WP_Query( array ( ‘post_type’ => ‘post’ , ‘post_status’ => ‘publish’ , ‘posts_per_page’ =>-1)); ?>
Why are my posts not showing up on WordPress?
Specify the page for posts in WordPress
The problem is most likely that you haven’t configured the Page for Posts setting in WordPress→Settings→Reading correctly: So the easiest solution is simply to specify your Posts page. If you haven’t an empty page at hand, just create a new one.
How do I show all pages on one page in WordPress?
WordPress display all pages on one page
- First, make sure to set your home page as the actual home page in the dashboard: Settings > Reading > Page on Front.
- Next, open up one of the following (go in order, if your theme doesn’t have the first one, check the next one etc.
20 нояб. 2014 г.
How do I find a post shortcode in WordPress?
Upload display-posts-shortcode to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress. Add the [display-posts] shortcode to a post or page.