Start by creating a new post or editing an existing one. You will notice the new WP JV Reading groups meta box. You can click the checkbox next to the group name you want to share the post with. Next, Under the Publish meta box click on the Edit link next to Visibility, and set your post to private.
How do I put a post on a specific page in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
27 янв. 2020 г.
How do I link a post to a category in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I add a post grid in WordPress?
Uploading in WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard.
- Navigate to the ‘Upload’ area.
- Select the-post-grid.zip from your computer.
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard.
How do I post on multiple pages in WordPress?
Assign categories to posts. Create a custom menu. Add the dynamic category pages to into the custom menu. You can create a custom menu and include multiple dynamic category pages that automatically display the published posts assigned to the the specific categories in reverse chronological order.
How do I add categories in WordPress?
To create new categories in WordPress, go to Posts > Categories page. On the left side of the page, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories. Fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then press Add New Category.
What is a post in WordPress?
What are Posts in WordPress? Posts are blog content listed in a reverse chronological order (newest content on top). You will see posts listed on your blog page. If you are using WordPress as a blog, then you will end up using posts for the majority of your website’s content.
How do I create a parent category in WordPress?
To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the name for your child category, adding the description and slug are optional. Now click the “Add New Category“ button and your child category will be created.
How do I manage categories in WordPress?
If you want to edit the categories we’ve just created go to Posts > Categories and you’ll see a list of all the categories (from this page you can also add a new one, even including a description for more detail). Here you can change its: name. slug.
How do I show posts in WordPress?
- Make sure WP Show Posts is activated.
- Navigate to “WP Show Posts > Add New” and configure your list.
- Copy the shortcode provided for you when adding your new list.
- Add your shortcode to your desired page or post.
How do I customize a post in WordPress?
Customizing the Posts Page in the WordPress Customizer
In order to customize your Posts Page, go to Appearance -> Customize -> Blog archive. The options you’ll see there give you a detailed control over the appearance of your blog page.