Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories. Just type in the name for your child category and select the parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I add a parent category in WordPress?
To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the name for your child category, adding the description and slug are optional.
How do I add a category in WooCommerce?
Adding WooCommerce Category
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Make sure you select the correct menu from the drop-down.
- Click on “Select” to load the menu.
- Select the “Product categories” tab.
- Check the Categorie to be added.
- Press the “Add to Menu” or “Add to Column” button.
How do I show a category wise product in WooCommerce?
Go to WooCommerce → Settings, select the Products tab, and then choose the Display option. For each of the Shop Page Display and Default Category Display options, select Show products. Save your changes.
Is it possible to add and manage multilevel categories in WordPress?
Make Use of WordPress Multilevel Categories!
You can add new categories and sub-categories in both posts’ edit screen and the Categories page. Not only can you edit and delete the categories but you are also able to password protect multilevel categories.
What is Category example?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. … An example of category is food that is made from grains.
How do I add a category to a product menu?
All you need todo is following:
- on the menus page (appearance -> menus ) go to the top and click to display screen options.
- then tick Product Categories (they will appear with the other menu items)
- add the categories that you want to the menu.
- finally save the menu and your done.
2 июн. 2015 г.
What is a category?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
How do I show new products in WooCommerce?
Here’s what you need to do: Go to Pages → Add New from the WordPress admin panel and give your page a title. For example, it could be something like New Arrivals. We’ve used the Storefront WordPress theme for this tutorial although WooCommerce Product Table works with most WooCommerce-compatible themes.
How do I assign a post to a category in WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I show all products in WooCommerce?
Open the Customizer, click the WooCommerce option, and click on Product Catalog. For each of the Shop Page Display and Default Category Display options, select Show products. Save your changes by clicking Publish.
How do I create a category link in WooCommerce?
$link = get_term_link( $product_cat_id, ‘product_cat’ ); To get the url of the product category.
How do I show category description in WooCommerce?
In wp-admin, go to Products > Categories and edit a category to make sure there is a description to display. Save the archive-product. php file above and view your category. You should now see the description.