How do I categorize a product in WooCommerce?
If you want to display product categories on your Shop page instead of just products, follow these steps:
- Click on Appearance > Customize.
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog.
- Select “Show categories” from Shop Page Display.
- Click on Save Changes.
How do I show product categories in WooCommerce menu?
Woocommerce How to easy add product categories to your menu
- on the menus page (appearance -> menus ) go to the top and click to display screen options.
- then tick Product Categories (they will appear with the other menu items)
- add the categories that you want to the menu.
- finally save the menu and your done.
2 июн. 2015 г.
How do you create product categories?
How to Create Product Categories for Your Online Store
- Create Categories that Make Sense for Your Customers.
- Use Keywords to Name Your Product Categories.
- Make Your Category Pages Pop.
- Be Consistent When You Categorize Your Products.
- Analyze Your Product Categories for Success.
6 февр. 2019 г.
What are product categories?
There are four types of product classification — convenience goods, shopping goods, specialty products, and unsought goods.
What is a category page?
Categories group individual Web pages together based on a similar subject or theme. Widely used in blogging platforms like WordPress, categories give order and structure to a website’s content, or its taxonomy.
How do you create separate shop pages in WooCommerce for each product category?
instead of showing the main shop page in your menu, just put those pages seperately into the menu, under: → design → menu .
edit – step-by-step:
- go to: → Appearance → Menus;
- remove »Shop« from menu;
- add a checkmark on »Product Categories«;
- now you can add the »Product Categories« to your menu;
How do I show product attributes in WooCommerce?
Add attributes to your WooCommerce products
You can give it a name (such as “Color”), a lowercase slug (such as “color”), and then hit the Add attribute button. This will add it to your list of attributes on the right side of the page. Here, you can add each option for that attribute, one by one.
What is a category?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
How do I organize categories in WordPress?
WordPress – Arrange Categories
- Step (1) − Click on Posts → Category Order in WordPress. …
- Step (2) − In the following screen, you can see that the create categories section are not in order.
- Step (3) − Now, you can rearrange your categories by just dragging the categories as per your choice.
How do I find my product category in WooCommerce?
Check If Current Page is a Product Category
- is_product_category() – returns true on every product category archive page,
- is_product_category( $category ) – you can check if you are on a certain product category page just by passing an ID, slug or title of a category as an argument.
How do I show menu categories in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I create a new category in WordPress?
To do this, log into your WordPress admin panel, entering your WordPress username and password. Once you have successfully logged in, from the left hand side menu, choose ‘Products’ followed by the ‘Categories’ menu option. To create a new category, enter: ‘Name’: The name for your new category i.e. t-shirts.