I’m a bit behind with this post because there’s so much that’s been going on in the past three days as I’ve been in the city, and I’ve been getting back exhausted each night.
One of the problems of coming to where something is always happening means that there have to be tradeoffs and decisions on what to try attending and what to miss. Last night for instance I missed meeting both Lawrence Lessig and Tim Ferriss since we caught a performance from Chris Gethard, though I’m ok with the trade as it was a great show.
A few random highlights:
- All the Nintendo. All of the stuff.
- Waitress on Broadway, which was pretty good for knowing nothing about it beforehand.
- Chris Gethard: Career Suicide off Broadway, which was a brilliant display of the humor that can come from the depths of depression.
- The many great talks at Future.Today including the panel with Manoush Zomorodi and Jon Ronson, the IBM Watson CTO Rob High, Amy Webb’s keynotes, and the panel on the Internet and the First Amendment.
- The weather clearing up in time to take a walk around Central Park.
I’m heading home tomorrow evening.while I’ve enjoyed the trip it’s true what they say: there’s no place like home.